Established since 1989, Techniblock continues to be Melbourne’s leading underpinning company restoring and repairing footings and foundations to all styles and types of buildings, including, but not limited to, heritage listings, Edwardian, Victorian, Art Deco, Solid brick houses of the 1930’s – 40’s and brick veneers.
As Melbourne’s premier foundation repair company, we understand how it feels if your property is experiencing any level of distress or inherent weakness. If you have any questions or unsure of what to do or steps to take, we are more than happy to assist.
How Do You Know You Need Underpinning?Tell tale signs that your house is experiencing distress:
- Stepped cracks in brick walls.
- Horizontal cracks in the mortar.
- An external corner of the house looks to be sinking with the mortar lines running downward.
- The brick wall is bowing and this is becoming more obvious.
- The external doors are sticking.
- Bricks sills are not level or the brick work around the window appears out of square.
- The caulk filled articulated joint is widening at the top and the caulking is stretching.
- Bricks are becoming loose and misaligned.
- A gap has appeared at the top of the junction between the window frame and the brick reveal.