Established since 1989, Techniblock continues to be Melbourne’s leading underpinning company restoring and repairing footings and foundations to all styles and types of buildings, including, but not limited to, heritage listings, Edwardian, Victorian, Art Deco, Solid brick houses of the 1930’s – 40’s and typical three bedroom brick veneers.
As Melbourne’s premier foundation repair company, we understand how it feels if your property is experiencing any level of distress or inherent weakness. If you have any questions or unsure of what to do or steps to take, we are more than happy to assist.
How Do You Know You Need Underpinning?
Tell tale signs that your house is experiencing distress:
- Stepped cracks in brick walls.
- Horizontal cracks in the mortar.
- An external corner of the house looks to be sinking with the mortar lines running downward.
- The brick wall is bowing and this is becoming more obvious.
- Bricks sills are not level or the brick work around the window appears out of square.
- The external doors are sticking.
- The caulk filled articulated joint is widening at the top and the caulking is stretching.
- Bricks are becoming loose and misaligned.
- A gap has appeared at the top of the junction between the window frame and the brick reveal.
You come to the conclusion that your primary asset, your house, is moving and sinking. What do you do?
How Does Underpinning Help?
The simple answer is foundation repair and the only proper way is to strengthen your existing footings by underpinning them with deeper concrete footings. As the leading foundation repair specialist, Techniblock is only to happy to assist you.
Our Underpinning Consultant will assess your situation, decide on the best course of action appropriate to the level of distress and provide you with a free quotation for foundation restoration works.
- Over thirty (30) years experience in the foundation repair business.
- A support team to work with you through the course of the job from beginning to the end with a strong focus on client satisfaction.
- A full comprehensive understanding of your situation and what you are experiencing.
- The technical knowledge and experience to provide a range of solutions to address your problems.
- These being,
– conventional underpins for depths up to 2100mm below ground level.
– micropile underpins for greater depth particularly where trees are impacting the house and soil conditions.
– screwpile underpins which suit wet or sandy soils.
– bridging beams to act as structural infills between underpin heads.
- A network of Structural Engineers and Geotech Engineers and other investigative bodies who support Techniblock through the course of a job.
- Techniblock is registered for both commercial and domestic building works (Limited).
- Assistance with Permits including the Building Permit.
- We provide all necessary and pertinent Insurances to undertake our works on a daily basis.
- A ten warranty period on labour and materials.
- Full adherence to the VBA and its requirements.
- Naturally Techniblock is a proud Member of the MBA and HIA.
- We also offer other services for new works such as screwpiles, bored piers and bulk excavation for lifts and basements.
Call us now on 03 9720 7700 or use the enquiry form, for an assessment of your property.